Summer in Paris is generally quite pleasant and enjoyable. The weather during the summer months, which typically span from June to August, tends to be warm and sunny, with occasional rain showers. According to TripTravel, Average temperatures range from 20°C to 25°C (68°F to 77°F), although heat waves can occasionally push the temperatures higher.
What’s Summer in Paris like?
During this time, the city comes alive with vibrant energy as locals and tourists who booked cheap flights take to the streets, parks, and outdoor cafés. The longer daylight hours provide ample time to explore the numerous attractions Paris has to offer. You can visit iconic landmarks like the Eiffel Tower, Louvre Museum, Notre-Dame Cathedral, and Montmartre, or take leisurely strolls along the Seine River.
Parisians embrace the summer season, and you’ll find a multitude of outdoor events, festivals, and concerts taking place across the city. Parks and gardens such as Jardin du Luxembourg and Parc des Buttes-Chaumont become popular spots for picnics and relaxation. The city’s outdoor cafés and restaurants spill onto sidewalks and offer perfect opportunities for people-watching while enjoying a refreshing drink or a delicious meal.
Keep in mind that summer is also a peak tourist season in Paris, so popular attractions can get crowded. It’s advisable to book tickets in advance, especially for popular museums and monuments, to avoid long queues. Additionally, packing light, breathable clothing and comfortable shoes is recommended to make the most of your explorations in the summer heat.
Tips for Vacationing in Paris this summer
Before you book your flight on Azman Air, Emirates, Dana Air or any other international airline of your choice, here are some tips and suggestions to make the most of your trip to Paris during the summer:
1. Weather: Paris can get quite warm in the summer, with temperatures ranging from 20 to 30 degrees Celsius (68 to 86 degrees Fahrenheit). Make sure to pack lightweight and breathable clothing, as well as sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses to protect yourself from the sun.
2. Popular Attractions: Paris is home to numerous iconic attractions that you shouldn’t miss. The Eiffel Tower, Louvre Museum, Notre-Dame Cathedral, Montmartre, Champs-Élysées, and the Palace of Versailles are some of the must-visit places. If you’ll be using a travel agency, be sure to choose a holiday package if coming from Lagos, Nigeria to Paris. Also, be prepared for large crowds during the summer, especially at popular tourist sites.
3. Seine River: Enjoy a leisurely stroll along the Seine River and take in the scenic views of the city. You can also consider a river cruise to explore Paris from a different perspective.
4. Parks and Gardens: Paris boasts several beautiful parks and gardens where you can relax and escape the hustle and bustle of the city. Jardin du Luxembourg, Parc des Buttes-Chaumont, and Parc de la Villette are great options for picnics or leisurely walks.
5. Outdoor Cafés: Paris is famous for its charming outdoor cafés. Take some time to sit at a café, sip a coffee, and people-watch. The Latin Quarter and Le Marais are known for their vibrant café scenes.
6. Local Markets: Explore the local markets like Marché Bastille and Marché d’Aligre, where you can find fresh produce, delicious food, and unique souvenirs.
7. Summer Festivals: Check if there are any summer festivals or events happening during your visit. Paris often hosts various cultural and music festivals, outdoor concerts, and fireworks displays during the summer months.
8. Try French Cuisine: Indulge in the exquisite French cuisine while in Paris. From croissants and baguettes to escargots and foie gras, the city offers a wide range of culinary delights. Don’t forget to try traditional dishes like coq au vin and boeuf bourguignon.
9. Day Trips: Consider booking a flight with Safarilink and taking day trips from Paris to nearby destinations such as the Palace of Versailles, Giverny (Monet’s Gardens), or the Champagne region. These trips offer a chance to explore more of the French countryside.
10. Language: While many people in Paris speak English, it’s always helpful to learn a few basic French phrases. Locals appreciate the effort, and it can make your interactions more enjoyable.
Remember to plan your itinerary in advance, but also leave room for spontaneity and exploration. Paris is a city that rewards those who wander and discover its hidden gems.
Overall, summer in Paris offers a wonderful combination of warm weather, cultural events, and the city’s inimitable charm, making it a delightful time to visit. Have a fantastic trip!10 Tips For Summering in Paris (If You’ve Never Been To Paris)